Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trip Reports - Mountain Creek Water Park

I went to Mountain Creek Water Park a few days ago and I wasn't sure how it was going to be. I heard that the staff wasn't great and they didn't care at all. Well once I got there, the entrance impressed me. It looked cool. One thing that wasn't great was the camp field trips. Those kids wouldn't shut up. Anyway, the park wasn't very crowded. Which was a good thing. So, first I hit High Anxiety. The line moved quick. This was only my second ProSlide Tornado. This was alot bigger than Hersheypark's Whirlwind. Over all it was a great slide.

Next, I decided to check out Tarzan Swings. It was a really cool ride. There aren't many of these things anymore. It was really good. But would have been more enjoyable if I didn't land face first. But it was still great. But I wish they had two swings being operated. They only had one. Which made the ride's line longer than it should.

After my mega face plant, I was going on some slides that won't hurt my face. Since Cannonball Falls was right there, I decided to go on that. This thing had to be the biggest surprise at this park. It turned out to be my favorite slide. Except the water was freezing. But that didn't bother me.

Now it was time to hit the park's newest slide, Alpine Pipeline. It was a fast, long, and great slide. The turns were fantastic and the small drops were great, too. By the look of it, it reminded me of Surge at Hersheypark. But on the slide, it took a crap on it.

So finally it was time to ride the big one. H2 Oh-No. This slide originally had 2 side by side slides. They were open when it was Action Park. Well, this had to be this park's biggest upset. This slide was boring. But it was still fast. And the line was extremely long.

Then, I rode Vertigo and Vortex. I liked Verigo better because I got airtime on that double dip. But Vortex was good, too.

Then it was time to ride Colorado River. After wasting 20 minutes trying to find the ride, the 25 minute wait was worth it. It was fast, long, and I almost flew out of my tube and smashed my face. But it was great.

Then, I decided to eat. Then I hit up the Rogue River. It seems tame but it is really fast. But anyway, it was a great slide. I really suggest you ride this slide.

Then, I rode Canyon Cliff Jump. I was really nervous but it was fantastic. Even though I hurt my arm, it was great. I also rode Bombs Away which was really good as well.

I ended my day with a ride on The Gauley. It wasanother great slide that was built in to the mountain. It was fast and I almost got injured again.

Park Rating - 8.5/10

Best Slide - Cannonball Falls

Biggest Surprise - Cannonball Falls

Biggest Upset - H2 Oh-No

No comments:

Post a Comment